Looking for a Drug-Free Psych Doctor for My Son.?

Question by Dawn: Looking for a drug-free Psych doctor for my son.?
My son who is 22 has taken long-term medications for his OCD, one anti-psychotic for nearly seven years! In the last few months, his Psych. doc has had to change his SSRI medication over and over, due to side effects as well, but these seem to be causing more side effects and problems. He is either manic or can barely keep his eyes open. I am seeking a Psychiatrist who can wean my son off of all of his meds under supervision (my son’s desire as well) and treat his issues drug-free if possible. Prefer a doctor in Washington state (where we live), Oregon or Northern California. The Psych docs here (we are in a small town) in the last few days, have only wanted to sub new meds for the old, many of these drugs have long-term serious health risks. Please help us if you have any leads for us. Thank you all so very much.

Best answer:

Answer by Kate the Lionhearted
I live in Seattle. I found this website about alternative mental health and practitioners willing to help. It’ll be in the source section. Hope this helps and gives you a good lead.

Give your answer to this question below!



Our Drug Addiction Treatment treats teen addiction successfully at Good Future Teen Rehab. – http://GoodFutureTeenRehab.com Drug addiction treatment at Good Future Teen Rehab treats teen addiction successfully because of several strategies used to he…